hpr1954 :: Grandpa Shows Us How to Turn Custom Pens
Live action audio of my dad teaching us how to turn pens on a mini lathe
Hosted by Jon Kulp on 2016-01-28 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
DIY, pens, woodworking, lathe, writing instruments. 3.
Listen in ogg,
or mp3 format. Play now:
Grandpa Shows Us How to Turn Custom Pens on a Lathe
Warning: this show is kind of long, even though I cut out about half of the original raw audio. While my parents were visiting during the holidays, my dad taught me, the wife, and the kids how to turn pens on his mini lathe. We made a few mechanical pencils, a pen and I also made a giant workshop pencil. Click on the image below to look at the gallery of photos on Flickr.
[my wife's lovely mechanical pencil]
- Photo Slideshow of our pen making
- Penn State Industries | Pen Turning | Pen Kits
- My dad's lathe: JET JML-1014VSI 10 in. x 14 in. 1/2 HP Variable Speed Indexing Mini Lathe
- Spring Loaded Heavy-Duty Pen Assembly Press
- My Cousin's online pen store: Robert Kulp Creations
- Music bumpers are from Kimiko Ishizaka's The Open Goldberg Variations: https://www.opengoldbergvariations.org/, used by permission of their CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Public Domain Dedication license.