hpr1789 :: The Ubuntu Quickly Ebook Template and Ebooks in General
Jon Kulp and Mike Hingley talk about ebooks in general and Mike's Quickly Ebook Template project
Hosted by Jon Kulp on 2015-06-11 is flagged as Clean and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
ebooks, calibre, quickly, ubuntu.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0).
Ubuntu Quickly Ebook Template
I recorded this conversation with Mike Hingley about a year ago (12 June 2014) but never released it because I thought the audio didn't sound very good and I didn't feel like editing it at the time. Honestly I forgot all about it until now when the HPR queue is low again. I apologize for the slightly clippy quality of my audio, I must have had my microphone too hot on the mumble. It's really interesting to listen to this conversation a year later because I have worked out so many of the problems that I was mentioning to Mike, including the automation of the entire build process using command-line tools from Calibre.
- Quickly Ebook Template on Launchpadhttps://launchpad.net/quickly-ubuntu-ebook
- Jon's Counterpoint Projects https://jonathankulp.org/gratis.html
- Calibre: https://calibre-ebook.com/
- Manual for Calibre's Command Line Interface: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/cli/cli-index.html
- FBReader: free (and ad-free) multi-platform ebook reader. https://fbreader.org/
- Free ebooks - Project Gutenberg: https://www.gutenberg.org/
- Mike's projects and info: https://titaniumbunker.com/
- Humble eBook Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/books
- Music bumpers are from Kimiko Ishizaka's The Open Goldberg Variations: https://www.opengoldbergvariations.org/, used by permission of their CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Public Domain Dedication license.