Two HPR hosts from Scotland get together over Mumble to chat about all manner of stuff.
Daveâ€™s sound was a bit muffled in this recording. It turns out that itâ€™s important which USB port the microphone (Zoom recorder) is plugged into. Who knew!
Some of the topics we discussed
- Accent differences in Scotland
- What is Butcher Meat? Is it an Edinburgh expression?
- The Fish Van from Pittenweem
- The mysterious non-Crab Crab meat
- Dressed and live crabs in Cromer
- Handling enforced isolation; the response to COVID-19
- The type of disposable masks sold for DIY use can be impractical
- Supermarket online shopping and delivery versus local shopping
- The etiquette of distancing when out walking or cycling for exercise during the lockdown
- Cycling anecdotes
- Industrial archaeology and historical buildings
- D&D sessions
- Initiated by Klaatu in New Zealand
- Shortages during the pandemic: toilet rolls, flour, etc
- Supply chains: wholesale versus domestic
- Dracula by Bram Stoker