We talk about terms often used when using Kubernetes.
Terms we talk about
- Node - Machine to run jobs on.
- Cluster - Grouping of nodes to deploy work to.
- Container - Compute unit that we can run in the cloud
- Pod - One or more containers that are one unit in the cloud that could be started, stopped, or restarted.
- Service - Different network services that serve the pods
- Load balancers - Balance network calls to different pods
- Certmanager - Handles certificates, for instance, letâ€™s encrypt.
- Ingress - Handles traffic from the external network
- Volumes - External resources used by pods to keep state
- ConfigMap - Configuration parameters that could be changed without restarting the pods or deployment.
- Deployment - A configuration of all the terms mentioned that you use to deploy as a unit to the cluster.