hpr2219 :: The Musings of a Novice Cable TV Cord Cutter
My adventures with dealing with my local cable TV provider and my hardware selections.
Hosted by Reg A on 2017-02-02 is flagged as Clean and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
cable TV,cable,TV,Roku. 1.
Listen in ogg,
or mp3 format. Play now:
I've included various websites of the items I discussed in the podcast.
One thing I didn't mention in my podcast is that to use Roku streaming applications you go to the Roku store via your Roku device or via a computer browser and set up a Roku account. Once you have an account you have downloading access to the apps. Most of these apps are free but most premium service require a monthly fee which can be paid through Roku or the streaming service.
Roku Channel Store: https://channelstore.roku.com/browse
For apps not in the official Roku Channel Store there is an unofficial Roku Private Channels store. These are applications for Roku devices similar to the Kodi/XBMC plug-ins:
I AM NOT CONDONING PIRACY OR BREAKING OF DMCA LAWS!!!
DMCA Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act
I found a couple of apps in the Roku Private Channels store that can provide me access to ESPN if I wish to use them.
I don't condone piracy so use at your own risk:
General Roku information:
- Roku Wikipedia Info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roku
- TCL Roku TVs: https://www.tclusa.com/roku/
- Roku TVs Sold by Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=a9_asi_1?rh=i%3Aelectronics%2Cn%3A172282%2Ck%3Aroku+tv&keywords=roku+tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1485043393
- Roku Boxes: https://www.roku.com/roku-tv
- Amplified TV Antennas Review: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-tv-antennas,review-2354.html
- Indoor Amplified TV Antennas Sold by Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_5/159-5067263-7652968?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=amplified+indoor+hdtv+antenna&sprefix=ampli%2Cundefined%2C148&crid=14O1SJA572XSH
- Cox Communications: https://www.cox.com/residential/home.html