Welcome to my first podcast for Hacker Public Radio.
- Like Gnome 3? Good for you.
- Don't like Gnome 3 or like Gnome 2 more? Then, get a Linux distro with the Mate desktop. Mate desktop was forked from Gnome 2. Gnome 2 development was stopped by the Gnome 3 team.
- After installing the Mate desktop, install the Nimbus theme and Compiz desktop effects.
I don't have the 32-bit edition.
- Have a USB wireless modem? Use wvdial or gnome-ppp with "stupid mode" enabled.
- Change gnome-terminal color scheme to Green-On-Black and the the following line to your .bashrc for a colorful and usable terminal window.
PS1="\a\n\n\e[31;1m\u@\h on \d at \@\n\e[33;1m\w\e[0m\n$ "https://www.vsubhash.com/article.asp?id=13&info=Ubuntu_and_Gnome_Diary#change_terminal_prompt
- Install CMU fonts from
- Download Google fonts using this bash script
wget https://googlefontdirectory.googlecode.com/hg/ofl/ -r -nc -nd -np -A.ttfThis command takes a while to parse all the pages and find the fonts that need to be downloaded.
- Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal; Jonathan Schwartz; March 2010
- Undead Myths In The Wake Of iDead Steve Jobs; V. Subhash; November 2011
- Support free software
- Firestarter firewall - I think it needs only a little attention from Linux developers before it can be extremely useful again. Most of it still works.