hpr3813 :: The postmarketOS Podcast
Ken welcomes a new podcast to the Free Culture Podcast family
Hosted by Ken Fallon on 2023-03-15 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
postmarketOS,Free Culture Podcast,FOSDEM.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0).
This is an open series where Hacker Public Radio listeners can share and recommend podcasts that they listen to.
- Website: https://cast.postmarketos.org/
- Feed: https://cast.postmarketos.org/feed.rss
- Copyright: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) License
#28 FOSDEM 2023 Special
Between the Saturday closing of FOSDEM 2023 and going to a restaurant, we managed to squeeze around a table outside the cafeteria to record the very first ever in-person postmarketOS podcast episode! Fresh in the moment we share our experiences from the FOSS on mobile devroom, meeting great people at the Linux on Mobile stand (and everywhere else at FOSDEM/in Brussels) and random other cool things that were going down.
Featuring @spaetz (sampled in the intro), @ollieparanoid, @linmob, @craftyguy, @MartijnBraam, @calebccff, @PureTryOut, @z3ntu (in order of appearance).
- @calebccff: "recorded the first in person @postmarketOS podcast episode LIVE from #FOSDEM !"
- @craftyguy: "#postmarketOS core team... Assemble!"
- @awai: "The beauty and diversity of the #LinuxOnMobile bazaar!"
- @z3ntu: "The Linux on Mobile stand at #FOSDEM is pretty packed!"
- @linmob: "#FOSDEM was really awesome, it only went by too quickly!"
- @mntmn: "this was ~intense~! thanks to everyone who was interested in MNT Pocket Reform"
Video recordings of the talks:
- Where do we go from here? (Audio fixup)
- Matrix room: #fossmo-wg:matrix.org
- FOSS on mobile devices devroom (as of writing, most talks have already been uploaded)
PinePhone and Lima / Mesa:
We're aware that mesa#8198 is still causing problems for people on the PinePhone. Big thanks to @enues from mesa who was talking to us at the stand and is now looking into it! We also have issue pmaports#805 about screen freezes. If you are affected by this and would like to help out, firing up a profiler and making/contributing to detailed, useful bugreports upstream at mesa is appreciated.
@spaetz from Mobian did a great job at moderating the devroom! (Correction: Ollie said from Maemo instead of Mobian in the recording.)
Editing by: @ollieparanoid, Music by: The Passion HiFi