What's In My Ham Shack
In this episode I am starting what I hope will become a series where Amateur Radio operators talk about what equipment they have and use in their Ham Shacks.
Ham Shack Definition
A good definition of exactly what a Ham Shack is can be found on Wikipedia.
Categories of Ham Radio gear
I tend to divide gear into the following categories.
- Portable - hand-held devices designed for carrying.
- Mobile - equipment that is designed to be used in a vehicle.
- Base - gear used in a fixed station environment.
- Miscellaneous - other stuff.
My Ham Shack
You can google any of these model numbers to see what the hardware looks like and learn more about it.
- Allinco DJ-190 Handy-Talkie
- Yeasu VX-6R tri-band Handy-Talkie
- Yeasu FT-8800 dual-band radio
- New Motorolla Mount (NMO) antenna mount
- Comet B-10nmo mobile antenna
- Comet SBB-5nmo mobile antenna
Base Station Gear
- ICOM IC-746 HF+6m+2m radio
- Grasshopper II vertical HF antenna
- Unknown brand vertical 2-meter/70-cm base station antenna
- MFJ-4225MV Switching Power Supply
- MFJ-949E Manual Antenna Tuner
- LDG Electronics AT-200Pro II Automatic Antenna Tuner
- Computer running Xubuntu 16.04
- West Mountain RIGblaster Advantage digital interface
- MFJ-269C Antenna Analyzer
- Stereo head-phones and microphone
- Push-to-Talk pedal
- RTL-SDR Dongle
- Collection of various connectors and adaptors